PGCE in Dance
Our Secondary PGCE Dance Course will equip you to become a teacher who is able to effectively meet the demands of dance teaching in the 21st century. Teaching is through lectures, seminars and workshops which are designed to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding required to teach dance and which build upon your existing experience, developing effective pedagogical practice to enable you to inspire pupils. In addition, you will develop a deep knowledge of general professional issues and explore the role of dance in relation to the National Curriculum, GCSE and A level. Subsidiary subjects such as Physical Education and Drama are also an integral part of the PGCE Course.
West Midlands Consortium works in close partnership with a number of excellent local schools and you will undertake two contrasting placements with an opportunity to observe practice in a primary setting. You will be supported by an experienced Course Leader and by mentors who have extensive experience of teaching dance.
This Course is offered for assessment at Masters Level with a maximum of 90 Masters Credits available through a number of assignments which relate to your teaching practice.
Benefits of training with the West Midlands Consortium
- We pride ourselves on being a small provider with a big reputation. As a WMC trainee you will be more than a number, you will be a valued member of a select cohort. You will receive one to one support from your course tutor and have good access to expert advice and guidance from the WMC team.
- Group sessions are held in a purposeful school environment, providing you with experience of school life from day one, whilst learning to teach.
- The course draws upon expertise from our partner schools to give you the most relevant knowledge and understanding of teaching in today's education system, as well as featuring guest speakers from pertinent external agencies and bodies.
- We have excellent retention, pass and employment figures due to a dedicated PGCE support network and strong regional reputation.
- The PGCE course is validated by our partner, Staffordshire University, and allows you to gain up to 90 Masters Credits as part of your training. You will also be registered as a Staffordshire University student, giving you access to online journals, support, and a full graduation ceremony.
How to apply