Train to Teach with the West Midlands Consortium
Primary and Secondary School Centred Initial Teacher Training
To become a great teacher it’s vital to choose the right course. You only train once, so train with an organisation that has a proven track record of success and innovation.
Reasons to train with WMC:
- We have been training teachers in the West Midlands for over 20 years
- We are a consortium of Partner Schools led by Thomas Telford School, an Outstanding National Teaching School and one of the top performing schools in England
- Our PGCE courses include 90 Masters Credits
- School Direct Salaried & School Direct Training courses
- We work closely with Staffordshire University, an Outstanding University
- Our success rate speaks for itself
Courses by Subject
Want to know more?
If you are not sure that you are eligible to start teacher training, or which course is right for you, visit our guide to teacher training courses or contact us for more information.
2015 Course Status
To apply to the West Midlands Consortium, for courses starting in September 2015, please use the UCAS Teacher Training Portal.
If you would like to discuss what options are available to you or would like to book an informal chat with a Course Leader, please contact us.
Apply via the UCAS Teacher Training Portal
For PGCE Courses search for training provider code: W53 (West Midlands Consortium)
For School Direct Courses search for training provider code: 1K7 (Thomas Telford School)
|The West Midlands Consortium is committed to equality of opportunity in its selection and training of student teachers. We strive to support all students equally, irrespective of subject area and individual background. Feedback from our students has indicated this as one of the West Midlands Consortium's many strengths.
Please click to view our policy on diversity, race and Equal Opportunities.